At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
With over 10,000 employees and volunteers working across more than 300 sites, our services are in the areas of aged care, disability, community services and chaplaincy.
About the role:
Be responsible for contributing to the ongoing operation and continuous improvement of the processes, services and systems which comprise Unitings cloud and on-premise environments.
Drive customer service excellence via collaborative partnerships both within the IT, as well as across the business, to ensure Unitings staff and customer needs can and will be met sustainably.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Applies tools, techniques and processes to administer, track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes.
- Uses system management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed system software maintenance tasks.
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures.
- Maintains security administration processes and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Investigates security breaches in accordance with established procedures.
- Supports the team lead and senior engineer in deployment, set up and tuning of on-premise and cloud infrastructure elements following maintenance schedules and using appropriate tools and test equipment.
Skills and experience:
- Experience in enterprise systems and cloud administration and support within an ITIL based service delivery in operations and transition service contexts.
- Extensive experience driving sustainable value from external vendors and service providers.
- Experience in not only administering enterprise cloud and on-premise systems and infrastructure but confident in effective lifecycle management across software and hardware elements.
- Extensive incident, problem and change management experience, driving ownership and outstanding customer experience at all times.
- Up to date and industry recognized technical certifications which demonstrate your personal commitment to continuously develop your skills in rapidly changing technical environments.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Chance to deliver significant organisational change and improve outcomes
- Work with the latest technologies and systems across a large and complex organisation
- Ongoing professional and personal development opportunities and career path across our varied service streams
- Work within an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the communities in which they live