About the Job
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and managing a team of digital marketing and analytics experts, as the Head of Digital Marketing you will:
• Have overall accountability for Swinburne website, expanding digital marketing capability and embedding new ways of working
• Deliver measurable uplift in both the effectiveness and efficiency of the digital marketing campaigns and customer journey management
• Define long term digital marketing strategy with a strategic focus on the customer experience
• Implement a new digital marketing operating model focused on data and insight-based decision making, ‘best in class’ customer experience and customer centric behaviours, and champion this operational shift across the broader marketing function
• Build and lead a high performing team of digital marketing professionals to support the University’s business goals
• Understand the wider goals of the University, faculty or business area, and have credibility within the environment to be able to influence others
• Use both qualitative and quantitative customer insights to prioritise work for the team to ensure the team is always working on the most valuable initiatives to deliver on the strategic priorities of the marketing division and the University as a whole
• Develop and maintain robust relationships with senior stakeholders across the University to execute the digital marketing strategy and roadmap.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class 21st century university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future-ready learners, research with impact and innovation in enterprise.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• A Degree in marketing, advertising, design, business, IT or equivalent
• Extensive marketing experience driving demonstrable marketing performance results and customer experience outcomes
• Significant experience in a similar leadership role with experience in organisational-wide digital transformation, and the implementation and management of digital technology functions (such as Adobe Experience Cloud)
• Well developed stakeholder management expertise, including the ability to consult widely to gain cooperation and input from various sources, synthesise a range of views, and influence key stakeholders to achieve the digital transformation goals
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Careers at Swinburne
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on 'apply' or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further enquires please contact the recruitment team at email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as our Charter of Cultural Diversity, Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan, Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 9 April 2021.