About the job
The Administration Officer provides administrative support and assistance to the Governance & Assurance unit, under the broad direction of the University General Counsel and other team members.
The Governance & Assurance teams includes:
- Governance – providing advice and support to Council, Academic Senate and the Vice-Chancellor and maintaining Swinburne’s policy framework.
- Integrity and compliance – administering Swinburne’s complaints, reviews, appeals and misconduct processes; overseeing and providing advice on Swinburne’s integrity frameworks, delegations, compliance system, whistleblowing and improper conduct.
- Legal Services – delivering and managing legal services across the University and administering Freedom of Information matters.
- Risk and Audit - overseeing risk management, business continuity and internal audit across the University
In addition, a portion of this full-time role will be providing executive support as required to the university’s Chancellor in relation to the responsibilities associated with that role.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Relevant qualifications and experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
• Demonstrated ability to administer processes and systems
• Demonstrated ability to interpret procedures and work instructions and relate them to the relevant tasks
• Proven ability to consult and liaise with internal and external stakeholders and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
A full list of key responsibilities and selection criteria is available within the position description.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future-ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
Be a key player in helping Swinburne achieve its vision and deliver our 2025 Strategic Plan. Through IT, Finance and our Facilities & Services Group, the Swinburne Operations team aligns with the university’s three strategic pillars – Future Ready Learners, Research with Impact and Innovative Enterprise.
The Operations portfolio focus is on driving sustainable, commercial and innovative solutions by providing the University with professional services in Finance, Procurement, Information Technology, Facility & Property Management, Enterprise Project Management, Legal & Governance and Commercial planning.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Careers at Swinburne.
How to apply and further information.
To view the position description or to start an application please click on 'apply' or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Tom Rowan, General Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as our Charter of Cultural Diversity, Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan, Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 15 April 2021.