Learning and Development Project Manager
Swinburne University of Technology
Full-time, 2yr fixed-term contract based at our Hawthorn campus
About the Job
An opportunity for a Learning and Development (L&D) Project Manager has arisen within the Swinburne Professional team. Reporting directly to the Manager, Consulting Projects, this role will be responsible for the management of training and development projects to ensure project deliverables are implemented on time, within scope, to budget specifications and with service excellence; ensuring a seamless experience for corporate and government clients and delivering positive outcomes.
As a L&D Project Manager with Swinburne Professional you will build strong relationships with clients and stakeholders, provide end-to-end project management for L&D and training initiatives, managing multiple programs one client, as well as within a larger portfolio. Our approach is customer-centric, with a focus on exceeding client expectations. You are highly organised, proficient at managing competing priorities and excel in a busy environment, consistently delivering to a high standard.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team in a successful, growing organisation where your experience and passion will be well regarded.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future-ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
Swinburne Professional is one of Australia’s leading professional education providers. As a division of Swinburne University, we create a flexible, practical and agile way for professionals to learn. With a focus on corporate training solutions, vocational education and post-graduate higher education, we look to change the learning landscape for the future.
Swinburne Professional’s goal is to be the leading, corporate education-training provider in Australia. We are determined to support organizations by identifying and overcoming barriers to better performance improving employee engagement and increasing overall organizational success.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• Completion of a tertiary level qualification with relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
• Demonstrated, relevant experience in the provision of high-quality educational project management and account management within a demanding, client-focused environment.
• Formal or demonstrated project management experience in relevant industry
• Proven ability to identify new opportunities with existing clients through strong relationships with key personnel and an understanding of their business
• An understanding of learning and development will be highly beneficial
• Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
• Highly developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
• Participate in regular staff and management development programs
• Paid parental leave for primary caregivers and secondary caregivers
• Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
• Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
• Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans.
How to apply and further information
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link, and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Ralph El Helou, (Manager, Consulting Projects) on 0400 163 631 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for women for 10 years in a row and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday, 21 April 2021.