As a Process Engineer you will rethink and redesign the way work is done to better support the organisation's mission and reduce costs. You will develop a range of skills and expertise.
What will be in your tool kit?
- Ability to work hands-on, collaboratively and with passion and energy as part of an agile team
- Strong technical lean expertise, based on a fundamental understanding of the underlying principles and what we are trying to be achieve
- Passion for developing people and coaching to build their understanding of lean principles and skills
- Logical and structured thinking and comfort with both data analysis and ambiguity, resulting in the ability to pragmatically break down complex problems, understand the key drivers and the improvement areas that will result in the biggest impact(s)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver tangible results in compressed timeframes across a variety of sectors and operational environments (e.g. branch, call centre, back office, manufacturing)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in all forms and simplify complex messages to stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge and/or experience with Human Centred Design and/or Agile highly regarded
- Tertiary qualifications (engineering highly regarded, but not essential)
- Qualified Lean Six Sigma Green belt minimum.
What might a day in the life look like?
- Responsible for quantifying current state process performance, identifying the key improvements required to improve performance and facilitating implementation of changes and assessment of benefits
- Provide input on the initiatives identified and being prioritised as to whether they will have simplification process improvement opportunities and potential benefits
- Liaise with stakeholders, bankers, customers and leverage data to understand the e2e initiative through current state assessments and value stream mapping
- Leverage a just enough analysis approach, providing prioritized challenge areas and solution options to pursue, working collaboratively with squad team and seeking final prioritisation from product owner
- Support Tribe as part of CoE Squad team to define and implement change iteratively for fast ROI, refining the process elements based on test and learn insights to achieve maximum value
Here are some of the skillsets you may bring or grow in this role and what would be expected at various levels:
Process Engineer/Lean Expertise
- Quantify current state & identify future process improvement opportunities
- Define, document & implement prioritized implementation solutions/opportunities
- Identify value streams and establish flow, implementing pull & working to perfection
- Quantify size of potential opportunities and develop options for prioritization
- Leverage data analysis to break down ambiguous and complex problems
- Understand key drivers and improvement areas that will result in the biggest impacts
Design Thinking/Problem Solving
- Work across E2E processes to identify improvements in customer experiences whilst reducing costs
- Improve process capability and production volumes while maintaining &/or improving quality standards
- Leverage problem solving tools & techniques to identify and prioritise opportunity areas
Collaboration and Communication Skills
- Work across squads and tribes to identify, quantify and design new process flows and architecture
- Develop material to enable prioritisation, speed-to-value capture & resourcing decisions
Ability to communicate effectively in all forms and simplify complex messages to stakeholders
This is a Full-time, 12-month Fixed-term Opportunity located at 833 Collins St, Docklands VIC 3008
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS135580.