About the Job
We are currently seeking a Quality and Compliance Consultant to join our Quality and Policy team to provide project management and stakeholder support as allocated by the Manager, VE Quality and Business Improvement.
Located within the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Pathways and Vocational Education), this role reports to the Manager, VE Quality and Business Improvement, and is responsible for providing specialist knowledge and skills to support the management of quality assurance, regulatory compliance and performance monitoring and reporting for programs across PAVE. This position requires strong working relationships and will work in collaboration with others to drive high standards of service for stakeholders.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
For more than a century, we have persevered in our commitment to not only provide, but also transform education through strong industry engagement, social inclusion, a desire to innovate and, above all, a determination to create positive change. Our vision for Pathway and Vocational Education (PAVE) is to be the best provider of vocational education in Australia known for our industry and community connections and excellence in student focused learning.
The VE Quality and Policy (VEQ&P) unit operates under the direction of the Director Business Services and Quality (PAVE) and is responsible for the implementation of systematic and strategic approaches to education and quality across PAVE. The unit contributes to the achievement of the University’s 2025 vision to become a leading university of science, technology and innovation through the development and implementation of robust quality assurance and improvement processes that will ensure that Swinburne students will have access to high-quality education that result in outstanding graduate outcomes.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Training and Education, such as Certificate IV in TAE, Diploma in TAE or higher level qualifications in Adult education.
- Exceptional understanding of VET quality and policy requirements and specialist knowledge of relevant regulatory and funding body requirements and their implications for vocational education and training.
- Demonstrated ability to apply VET regulatory and funding knowledge to a diverse range of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others in quality and compliance standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to research, prepare reports, policy documents and presentations.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Onsite childcare
- Discounted gym memberships – including Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC)
- Free access to the HALC swimming pools
- Onsite health services
- Private health insurance discounts
- Weekly yoga and Pilates classes
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Careers at Swinburne
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on apply or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Caryn Phillips, (Director, Business Services and Quality) via email email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com
. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as our Charter of Cultural Diversity, Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan, Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 7th May 2021.