About the Job
The Coordinator, Maintenance Planning and Compliance will drive Swinburneâ€™s compliance and adherence to building regulations and legislation through the provision of technical expertise and advice that guides effective policies and procedures and supports a safe working and learning environment.
Reporting to the Manager Asset Delivery, the Coordinator, Maintenance Planning and Compliance will primarily be accountable for coordinating and integrating all planned maintenance schedules to ensure compliance with statutory regulations and maintain high quality facilities and ensure integrity of the information systems that incorporate work orders, procedures, planning, scheduling, recording and analysing all programmed maintenance works.
Working closely with internal stakeholders and external service providers, the role will be carrying out regular investigations and internal audits of university buildings and infrastructure assets to ensure compliance with relevant technical standards and safety requirements. This is a critical position in the team to ensure optimised planning, execution and recording of all maintenance and inspection work assignments that comply with the necessary legislations/ regulations to provide a safe and reliable environment.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future-ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
Be a key player in helping Swinburne achieve its vision and deliver our 2025 Strategic objectives. Through IT, Finance and our Facilities & Services Group, the Swinburne Operations team aligns with the universityâ€™s three strategic pillars â€“ Future Ready Learners, Research with Impact and Innovative Enterprise.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in building compliance/planning in Victoria.
- Demonstrated experience presenting and gaining support for the adoption of legislation and regulations associated with Planning & Building in Victoria.
- Relevant professional background and extensive experience across a broad range of the management, risk assessment and compliance of the built environment, infrastructure assets and supporting services through their lifecycle.
- Abilty to recognise opportunities to improve and be alert to opportunities to change work practices and procedures; bringing personal insight and the ability to make improvements that are practical and effective.
- A drive for results and being able to hold yourself accountable for the quality of the projects and initiatives delivered under your supervision, whilst remaining flexible in response to changes within the organisation and industry.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Onsite childcare
- Discounted gym memberships â€“ including Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC)
- Onsite health services
- Private health insurance discounts
- Weekly yoga and Pilates classes
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Careers at Swinburne
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on apply or â€˜beginâ€™ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Nitin Saxena, Associate Director - Campus and Asset Services, on (03) 9214 3473 or via email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com
. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as our Charter of Cultural Diversity, Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan, Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 14 May 2021.