Unique opportunity to provide executive assistant and project management support to an ANZ in-house legal team. Join our highly motivated, collaborative, cohesive and friendly team!
- Executive assistant support to the Deputy General Counsel (Regulatory) and Heads of Legal (Regulatory Investigations, Dispute Resolution and Financial Crime and Regulatory Supervision)
- Project support for regulatory responses being managed by the Regulatory and Dispute Resolution legal teams
- High level administration assistance to the teams
About The Role
Role Location: 833 Collins St, Docklands VIC
Role Type: Permanent
Shift Schedule: Full-time
Your responsibilities would include the following:
- Executive assistant support to the Deputy General Counsel (Regulatory), and the Heads of Legal (Regulatory Investigations, Dispute Resolution and Financial Crime and Regulatory Supervision)
- Manage the day-to-day administration requirements for the teams
- Proactively managing electronic diary, incoming mail (both paper and electronic). Effective management of phone by diverting calls and handling queries when appropriate and recording messaged accurately.
- Assist with recruitment, onboarding, induction, exiting of staff
- Prepare, co-ordinate and distribute agendas, minutes and other relevant papers / information for meetings
Regulatory Response Support
- support for responses to regulatory notices being managed by the Regulatory Investigations and Dispute Resolution Legal teams, often under time pressure.
- Administrative support for notice responses including
- Arranging regular and ad hoc meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining databases of key regulatory matters and releases
- Co-ordination of technical needs including -
- Assisting with collation of relevant documents by Legal (eg supporting mailbox extraction requests, liaising with Tech to set up secure shared drives)
- Co-ordinating secure transfers of large volumes of data between ANZ and external firms
- Tracking hardware used for data transfers eg hard drives.
- Co-ordinating with Technology regarding other technology needs in connection with regulatory responses
- Team Administration
- often the first port of call into Regulatory and Dispute Resolution Group so requires the ability to work autonomously and use initiative / interpersonal skills to secure required information and then escalate as appropriate.
- Review of incoming legal duty queries from all areas of the bank
- Assistance with recruitment and exiting of permanent and contractor staff including all pre-start checks, hardware, software, thorough induction to ensure smooth transition into ANZ
- Arrange meetings with external legal providers / internal ANZ staff at short notice (with high numbers of senior level attendees with limited availability)
- Arrange monthly team meetings, conferences as required ensuring logistics are planned, communicated and executed including but not limited to accommodation, equipment, invitations, dial in details
- Arrange for invoices to be paid on many ongoing litigation and legal matters in the bank
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have skills, knowledge and experience in the following:
- Extensive years of experience in an executive assistant / team assistant role
- Highly developed organisational, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise with excellent organisational skills/multitasking
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal diplomatically with all levels of staff
- Demonstrating initiative
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with key stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective written & verbal communication skills, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Excellent technical skills include advanced word, Power Point, Outlook and intermediate Excel
- Understanding of the need for discretion and confidentiality
Desired Experience Profile
- Understanding of the Financial Services / Legal industries
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to why our purpose to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
Note: After your initial application you may be asked to complete an online assessment, this invite will be sent to you via email from our assessment partner SHL. Please action this request as early as possible, this will enable us to manage your application and provide you with an update in a timely manner.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS132931).