Swinburne University of Technology
Unfortunately this vacancy is no longer open. Please contact a member of staff if you require assistance.
Full time, 2 years fixed term contract, based at our Hawthorn campus
About the Job
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Consultant to join Swinburne Professional. In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for building business relationships with corporate and government clients through successfully engaging with new and existing clients, gaining deep understanding of business needs and offering tailored learning and development, and workforce consulting solutions that will result in revenue growth and influential market positioning.
The Senior Consultant identifies new opportunities, contacts and manages client relationships within a current and growing portfolio.
A division of Swinburne University of Technology, Swinburne Professional draws on the expertise from across the University and our industry partners to solve complex organisational challenges through workforce planning solutions and customised individual and organisational professional training and development.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a world-ranked university leading the way in innovation, industry engagement and social inclusion. Our education, high-quality research and industry partnerships create positive change for students, staff and the community. Embracing sustainability, cross-cultural partnerships, equal opportunity and future-ready learners, our strategic direction underpins everything we strive to achieve as a world-class university. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role you will be an experienced B2B consultant with extensive experience in consulting, education and strategic sales: You will also need to possess:
• Demonstrated capacity to develop mutually beneficial long-term relationships with clients and stakeholders to achieve targets.
• Demonstrated ability to constantly identify opportunities and develop tangible solutions that meet client expectations, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate outcomes that satisfy clients and stakeholders.
• Exemplified in effectively working with cross-functional teams in a complex organistional structure to achieve both client outcomes and revenue targets.
• Proven ability to prepare high quality client proposals, presentations and reports.
• A proven track record of reaching and exceeding targets and KPI's within a fast paced environment.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
• Flexible working arrangements
• Participate in regular staff and management development programs
• Private health insurance discounts
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on 'apply' or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Kerrie Allen, Manager, Consulting Services on email: email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
• Reconciliation Action Plan
• Charter of Cultural Diversity
• Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
• Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 21 January 2022
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position