Carer Engagement and Support Consultant
- Inspiring and connecting, imagining and doing - join Uniting as we take real steps to make the world a better place
- Be part of a passionate and collaborative team advocating for children, young people, carers and their families
About Unitings Permanency Support Program
- The Permanency Support Program (PSP) aims to give every child/young person a loving home, whether that be with parents, family, extended family or through guardianship, adoption or quality long term care
- We provide culturally supported placement options for children and young people 0-18 years of age
- PSP also provides a light touch Aftercare service for young people 18-25 years who have left foster care and for the next 4 years will collaborate with Unitings Extended Care Pilot program team to provide holistic support to young people using the Advantage Thinking approach
About the opportunity
This role is key in engaging, enlivening and supporting Unitings PSP carers and support services for carers. Members of the Uniting team in this role will relate to carers in the PSP Framework with strong messages about restoration, connection with family and short-term placement principles.
This is a full time 12-month maternity leave contract where you will be based in our Carer Engagement and Support team in Dubbo.
For more information please refer to the attached position description.
Uniting considers that being an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
- Strong advocate for children, young people and families
- You will provide information and training on the carer role to potential foster carers including Shared lives training.
- You will build strong links with carers and between carers enabling carer support and support networks.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills as well as strong writing skills
- Proven ability to build effective networks to support children
- In depth knowledge and understanding of family finding principles
- Collaborative team player
- Committed to compliance - legal, government and policy
Benefits and culture
Working to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice brings its own rewards, but theres more including:
- Welcoming you exactly as you are
- Work youll be proud of
- Youll have access to a range of support and opportunities including:
- Salary-packaging options
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular supervision, support and team meetings
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which will include a National Police Check, Reference Checks and Working with Children Check.