Unfortunately this vacancy is no longer open. Please contact a member of staff if you require assistance.
Healthcare & Medical
About the Role
Uniting Children, Young People and Families is a not-for-profit organisation who provide a range of services for children, young people and families in New South Wales.
We are seeking an Assessment Specialist to provide safety and risk assessments to families, children and young people, who have been referred to Youth Hope and who are at risk of escalation within the Child Protection System.
This opportunity is offered as a fixed term full-time contract until 30th June 2021.
- Degree level qualifications or equivalent in Social Work, Welfare, Psychology or related field with a minimum of 3 years casework experience with children, young people and families.
- Demonstrated experience working with families who have child protection concerns and a clear understanding of relevant legislation and practice.
- Demonstrated experience conducting comprehensive needs assessments with a focus on risk and safety planning for families.
- Demonstrated ability to engage families with high and complex needs and work in partnership with them to achieve their goals, using a variety of intervention strategies from a range of theoretical models
- Demonstrated commitment to provision of services to socio economically disadvantaged families, children and young people.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and working with Aboriginal and/or culturally and linguistically diverse children, young people and families in a way that is culturally responsive and appropriate.
- Demonstrated commitment to children and young people remaining with their own family provided they are safe.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Current drivers license and willingness to transport families, children and young people.
- Interpersonal skills and characteristics will include warmth, flexibility, ability to think and act appropriately in crises, excellent communication skills and empathy.
Why work for Uniting?
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organization excites you, then click APPLY now to get your application started!
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.
Ensure that your online CV is up to date as employers are always searching our online CV database of candidates.
A member of our staff is ready to help you with any questions you may have.