About the role
You will be responsible for providing assessment, intensive home visiting, crisis management, and longer term casework as per the Homebuilders Model to families at high risk of having their children removed into care for protective concerns or having their children restored to their care.
This is an Aboriginal Identified role. Having an understanding of your local community and key Aboriginal stakeholders in your community is essential
Uniting considers that being an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
- Provide intensive casework and case management services to Aboriginal families with complex needs in the program in accordance with the Homebuilders Model, policies and procedures.
- Assess the crisis the family is facing and establish an intervention involving intensive home visiting which ensures the safety of the child is paramount.
- Provide planning support and structure for the safety of Aboriginal Children and young people and immediately take appropriate action in line with the agency policies and relevant professional responsibilities where the safety of the child or young person is at risk.
- Assist families to formulate and achieve goals that are child focused and address the safety and well-being of children.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of case plans with families.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social sciences or with relevant life and/ or work experience with children and families.
- Demonstrated commitment to children remaining with their own family provided they are safe.
- The ability to engage families in crisis and work in partnership with them to achieve their goals, using a variety of intervention strategies from the Homebuilders model.
- Ability to assess and work with families to strengthen attachment bonding between a parent and child.
- NSW drivers licnence and valid WWCC
Why work for Uniting?
- To have a career that matters in an organisation that makes a difference
- To work in a family friendly and supportive work environment
- Receive training and mentoring with the opportunity to improve and learn new skills.
- Take advantage of Salary Packaging Benefits
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organization excites you, then click APPLY now to get your application started.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check