About the role
Reconnect aims to break the cycle of disadvantage and reconnect young people through case management, group therapy, practical support and advice.
This role is responsible for providing an early intervention service to children and young people who are at risk of becoming homeless, or who have recently become homeless, and their families in order to prevent homelessness, and link the young person into educational, vocational and community needs.
This is a contract full time position located in our office in Dubbo, NSW.
- Provide a time limited early intervention service to young people aged 12-18 years who are at risk of becoming, or have recently become, homeless and their families in the Dubbo Local Government area.
- Assist young people who are at risk of becoming, or recently have become, homeless to engage in education, vocational training, employment and voluntary work, social and recreational pursuits and other community activities.
- Utilise a range of flexible intervention strategies and skills with young people and their families in order to prevent youth homelessness.
- Assist with facilitation of support groups for parents and young people as required.
- Complete and maintain up to date client accountability reports, database, service folders as required by the Department of Social Services and Uniting.
- Work in partnership with agencies to enhance referral and access for service users and achieve positive outcomes and act as a consult when required to other service providers and community groups who are dealing with youth homelessness issues.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social sciences or relevant life and/ or work experience with children and families, or equivalent and relevant to the field of work.
- The ability to work with children and families to strengthen relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues using strengths-based approach
- Ability to facilitate groups.
- Experience working with children and young people in care.
- Current drivers licence and valid NSW Working with Childrens Check
Why work for Uniting?
- To have a career that matters in an organisation that makes a difference
- To work in a family friendly and supportive work environment
- Receive training and mentoring with the opportunity to improve and learn new skills.
- Take advantage of Salary Packaging Benefits
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organization excites you, then click APPLY now to get your application started.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check