About the opportunity
Uniting is a data-led organisation. In the Business Intelligence team, we boldly lead Uniting on the data and analytics journey to inform staff to make the right decisions at the right time.
We are passionate about using data for good. We make sure Unitings care standards remain industry-leading by using data to alert staff to potential problems. We use business intelligence to improve service delivery. If you love the idea of applying your data skills to supercharge operations, this is the role for you.
This role is a consulting role you will work directly alongside management of front-line services that impact thousands of customers. You will work with people who are passionate about making a difference from many parts of the organisation. You will work end-to-end on data product development requirements, design, development, testing, release, and product improvement through usage analytics.
Youll also get to use the latest technology to make the world a better place PowerBI, SQL Server, Databricks, Azure DevOps, Python, ServiceNOW, Dynamics 365 CRM/ERP. If you want a challenge to automate and innovate using DevOps tools and techniques, whilst making a huge social impact, then this opportunity is for you.
- Design and develop data products (Visualisations, Reports, Dashboards, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, Data Insights) to add lasting value to Uniting services: Gathering, clarifying and documenting requirements; designing solutions; developing code/SQL/DAX, testing, UAT support, releases; usage analytics and monitoring.
- Running and improving the process of data product support and development through automation: e.g. access requests, data refreshes, releases, source control, knowledge management.
- Ensure functional & non-functional quality through data profiling, automated and manual tests, performance testing.
- Work under general direction and ensure good staff experience through effective communication such as written confirmation, expectation management, personal accountability, scope and time management.
- Plan through the logical steps to deliver a product from end to end through sprints whilst putting yourself in the shoes of Uniting staff to make your products understandable and intuitive.
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or a related discipline.
- Fluent written and oral communication ability to communicate with non-technical and technical staff to be understood by staff.
- Empathy and insight to understand the roles, pain points and opportunities for data products for Uniting staff around managing services and caring for customers.
- Strong SQL Server or Spark SQL skills:
- Data profiling (understanding, testing and proving assumptions about the format of data, and relationships between data; able to articulate the meaning of data; understanding of cardinality).
- Querying (correlated and uncorrelated subqueries, left, inner, anti joins, aggregations and filters and subqueries, union/except, null ordering, analytic and partitioning functions).
- Strong PowerBI skills specifically DAX.
- Data modelling skills:
- Kimball or other methodologies.
- PowerBI/Tabular cube design patterns, etc.
- Performance tuning.
- Time, scope and quality management through oral and written communication.
- Programming/Scripting Python (Preferred), PowerShell, or similar.
- Git or similar source control tools.
- Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience designing, developing and supporting Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence / Data Engineering solutions.
- DevOps and automation hand-on experience automating aspects of product development and support such as Python scripting, calling APIs, automated releases etc.
- Significant experience with non-technical staff showing your skills in communication, empathy and insight.
- Experience in mastering new tools or techniques related to data.
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organization excites you, then please apply now.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.