About the role
We are looking for an energetic and experienced Family worker to work part time as part of our Fathers Support Service based in Cabramatta. You will assist fathers to develop skills to effectively deal with life challenges and support them in achieving and sustaining healthy family relationships.
This position is offered on a part-time basis working 21 hours per week until 30th June 2021 in our Cabramatta office.
- Establish and facilitate groups or programs targeting fathers, to improve positive outcomes for fathers, children and families, and promote healthy and positive relationships.
- Deliver community education to fathers on child protection and broader parenting issues in line with best practice.
- Implement strategies to promote increased community awareness about the important contribution fathers make to their childrens development and wellbeing.
- In Partnership with stakeholders, relevant networks, Indigenous and ethno specific organisations, identify service gaps and design programs or undertake advocacy to meet these needs.
- Gather all relevant data and maintain appropriate records in line with the expectations of the agency and the funding body- such as FRSP online, STARS and others.
- Degree, Diploma or Associate Diploma in Social Sciences or related studies and/or 3-5 years proven experience in the social sciences or related field.
- Proven experience and skills working in a welfare or related field, including providing information, case work and referral.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in group facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability to engage fathers from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and work in partnership with them to achieve their goals and address child safety concerns using evidence-based models.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues confronting men facing life changing events such as migration and settlement, family conflict, family breakdown and unemployment.
- NSW Working with Childrens check.
- Valid Australian drivers licence.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.