At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve, no matter where they are at in their life.
As an organisation we are Imaginative, Respectful, Compassionate and Bold
About the role:
As a Quality and Service Improvement Specialist within the Governance, Risk and Quality (GRQ) Directorate you will be responsible for driving consistent quality assurance and continuous improvement methods within the Intensive Family Services and Early Intervention portfolios of the Children, Youth and Families (CYF) Directorate.
In this role, you will focus on continuous quality improvements including auditing, accreditation, licencing/funding compliance, process/practice and procedure evaluation activities. You will also provide coaching and advice to build capability within practice and operational teams through quality management initiatives and plans that drive continuous improvement.
This is a full-time closed period contract for 12 months, located at our beautiful North Parramatta Campus.
- Assist and support the service stream leaders to develop and evaluate quality systems and processes in accordance with Uniting's quality management framework.
- Monitor service stream continuous improvement initiatives with a specific focus on scope, implementation, and monitoring. This includes recording and tracking recommendations and required improvements arising from a broad range of activities (eg. incident, complaints, feedback, internal audits, external audits, and regulator feedback/ direction)
- Work closely with practice and service stream operations to ensure that the organisation meets accreditation/licensing/funding and program requirements and is prepared for external accreditation/licensing reviews and audits.
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on auditing and other assurance activities (eg. field observations and case reviews) to drive and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Undertake regular analysis of results, care and themes to inform improvement plans including data quality activities.
- Closely align with CYF practice and operational leaders, using practice frameworks for reviewing and supporting the effectiveness and consistency of practice delivery.
- Postgraduate and/or Bachelor qualification in a relevant field with equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years experience in a service delivery/service performance improvement role in your area(s) of specialisation.
- Sound knowledge of the Intensive Family/Early Intervention services in the Children, Youth and Families sector including applicable regulatory, accreditation and funding/licencing compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in driving quality and service improvement initiatives
- Sound knowledge of the concepts and principles of quality management and evidence based practice in a healthcare and/or human services setting.
- Proven analytical and data analysis skills.
- Sound SME knowledge for process and procedure review and development.
- Professional report writing skills.
- Ability to respond to significant challenges with a high level of resilience and persistence.
- Analytical and conceptual skills and excellent interpersonal skills with high quality written and verbal communications.
- Passion for social change and creating an organisation of influence for the most disadvantaged.
For further information or a discussion regarding this fantastic role, please email Marnie Darlington - Talent Acquisition Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national police check, reference checks, and Working with Children Checks.
Please apply asap as applications will be assessed upon receipt.