Team Leader Leadership & Volunteering
Swinburne University of Technology
SSAA Level 6: $84,324 + 17% superannuation
About the job
Is leadership in your DNA? Are you passionate about working with students, colleagues and external partners to create student development opportunities? Are you proficient in developing and scaling programs to enhance student employability?
We’re looking for an inspiring Team Leader for our Leadership & Volunteering programs. You will coach specialist staff to deliver exceptional experiences for students that enhance their employability, personal development, and university experience.
• Lead the design and delivery of leadership activities to build student capability.
• Leverage partnerships to source skill-building opportunities for students to volunteer.
• Develop our processes and digital experience to enable scalability.
• Support and empower student representative groups to create or enhance student offerings.
• Work within the broader Team Leader group to enhance departmental performance.
• Build connections with key stakeholders across Swinburne.
This role will begin working from Hawthorn campus at least 1 day per week, increasing as we transition our team back to all Melbourne campuses full-time.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• Experiencing leading teams at program level
• Professional drive and capability to scale programs and customer base
• Exposure to volunteering programs and community building
• Exceptional approach to stakeholder management
A full list of formal selection criteria is available within the position description
How to apply
To view the position description or to start an application click on ‘apply' at the bottom of this page and submit the following:
• Resume (max 4 pages)
• Cover letter detailing the following (1-2 pages):
o why are you applying for this specific role
o your proudest achievement in program management (and the measurable impact)
o your preferred methodologies for leading and inspiring people
A full response to formal Key Selection Criteria on the Position Description is not required. Please upload a duplication of your Cover Letter to the Key Selection Criteria box instead.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
About Swinburne Student Life
Swinburne Student Life runs services and activities to support and engage students at Swinburne during their studies. To find out more about us, check out ‘Razor the Razorback’ on Facebook or Instagram, and the Swinburne Student Life portal.
For further information about the position, please contact Ella Scorringe, Associate Director Student Experience via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at: 11:59 p.m., Saturday 10th April 2021